Last Updated: August 28, 2013
Whether you're planning a backyard BBQ or heading downtown to enjoy events, the Harrisonburg Fire Department would like to offer some reminders and tips for enjoying the outdoors.
- Never use charcoal or gas grills indoors.
- Keep grills at least 10 feet away from your home and other buildings.
- Never leave hot grills unattended.
- View the Recreational Fire Guidelines if you plan to use fire pits, outdoor fireplaces, or fire rings.
- The sale, use, or possession of fireworks is illegal in the City of Harrisonburg. Illegal fireworks will be confiscated. (City Code Section 16-6-57.)
- The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals. Consider attending one of many area events, like the Valley Fourth in downtown Harrisonburg.
Have fun and be safe!