Last Updated: July 17, 2015
Whether you're planning a backyard BBQ or heading downtown to enjoy events, the Harrisonburg Fire Department would like to offer some reminders and tips for enjoying the outdoors.
- Never use charcoal or gas grills indoors.
- Keep grills at least 10 feet away from your home and other buildings.
- Never leave hot grills unattended.
- View the Recreational Fire Guidelines if you plan to use fire pits, outdoor fireplaces, or fire rings.
- The sale, use, or possession of fireworks is illegal in the City of Harrisonburg. Illegal fireworks will be confiscated. (City Code Section 16-6-57.)
- The safest way to enjoy fireworks is to attend a public display conducted by trained professionals. Consider attending one of many area events, like the Valley Fourth in downtown Harrisonburg.
If you have questions about outdoor burning in Harrisonburg contact the Fire Administration Office at 540-432-7703.
Have fun and be safe!