Karen I. Rose
Karen was first elected the City of Harrisonburg Commissioner of the Revenue in November 2013. Prior to her election, she was the Chief Deputy for the City of Harrisonburg Commissioner of the Revenue office since January 2009.
Karen is a licensed Certified Public Accountant and has also worked as a Supervising Senior Accountant for KPMG, Controller for The Harmon Companies and part time Accountant for John L. Hopkins III various enterprises.
- Master Commissioner of the Revenue, Weldon Cooper Center for Public Service, University of Virginia (2017)
- Certified Public Accountant (1986)
- Bachelor of Business Administration from James Madison University (1984)
- Booker T. Washington High School (1980)
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Commissioner of the Revenue Association-Member
- Virginia Association of Local Tax Auditors-Member
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers-Member
- Secretary of the West Central Commissioner of the Revenue Association
- Virginia Association of Local Elected Constitutional Officers-Member
- Treasurer of Asbury United Methodist Women
- Asbury United Methodist Church Finance Committee
- Open Forum Sunday School class leader
- Have served various offices in PTA/PTSA
She is married to John R. Rose Jr. They have two adult daughters.