The intent of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to obtain firm fixed price proposals from qualified firms to:
- Conduct an employee compensation and classification study of public and private employers who are providing equitable services and,
- Based on that study, determine if individualized position/job descriptions are needed; and if so, assist in the development of these descriptions and,
- Based on that study, prepare a comparative analysis that identifies the City of Harrisonburg’s competitive position in the labor market and,
- Based on that study, provide a recommendation for total salaries and benefits, including the total compensation package of insurance and other benefits (including paid leave) and,
- Based on that study, prepare recommendations for compensation rules, and policies, including variable/incentive pay options, to maintain competitiveness, reward employees, and ensure equity. Responding firms should have significant experience conducting salary surveys and comparative analyses, preferably involving both public and private employers.
Sealed proposals, subject to terms and conditions of this Request for Proposal will be received by the City of Harrisonburg Purchasing Agent at 345 South Main Street, Room 201, Harrisonburg, VA 22801 until December 19, 2012 at 3:00pm for furnishing items or services delivered or furnished to specified destinations within the time specified or stipulated by the vendor(s).
[93KB] Addendum #1
[66KB] Addendum #2