Visit the Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program webpage for the NTCP Program Guide and information about the city's Team Up to Slow Down Program.
This page is for the Sunset Heights Neighborhood and will be updated with meeting summaries, maps, and information related to neighborhood traffic safety concerns and efforts to address them.
Traffic Calming Plan: Proposed Revision to Phase II Measures
A combination of factors has led to the consideration of revisions to Phase II of the Traffic Calming Plan for the Sunset Heights Neighborhood. Please view the presentation that discusses the revisions and then complete the short survey, by May 9th, regarding the proposed measures.
Overview of responses [141KB] to the July 2020 Survey and answers to frequently asked questions.
Please contact Jakob zumFelde, Public Works Planner, at Jakob.zumFelde@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-434-5928 if you have any questions or would like additional information.
- [58KB] May 27, 2020 Meeting Summary
- [6MB] Adopted Traffic Calming Plan, 2019
- [897KB] June 9, 2015 Meeting Summary
- July 28, 2015 City Council Agenda and Presentation [video] - Traffic study request
- [337KB] February 16, 2016 Meeting Summary
- Additional Resources
- 85th Percentile Speeds, Harrisonburg Neighborhood Traffic Calming Guide, page 38
- Research on Four-Way Stops (multi-way stops, all way stops)