Whether you are looking for a library to do research or are bored and looking for something fun to do in Harrisonburg, please use these resources as a reference for places to study, places to have fun, and even ideas for what to do after high school.
Libraries and Homework Help:
Libraries in Harrisonburg:
- Massanutten Regional Library
- James Madison University Libraries
- Eastern Mennonite University Hartzler Library
Things To Do:
Parks and Recreation offers a wide variety of classes throughout the year. They offer classes and activities for learning to play musical instruments, art classes, dance classes, basketball camps, baseball and softball camps, seasonal lessons like swimming or mountain biking, and many more!
And if you like golf, check out the First Tee Program at Heritage Oaks Golf Course.
The Arts Council of the Valley offers a variety of Art Programs. One-of-a-kind theater and art classes designed to delight and inspire young artists! For more information and to register: valleyarts.org/education
Museums and Art Galleries:
- The Explore More Discovery Museum has hands-on exhibits where youth can learn about drama, creative arts, culture, science, technology, and more!
- The Harrisonburg Fire Department Museum features displays of historic fire uniforms, medals, equipment, alarms, and more! And admission is free!
- There are several art galleries in Harrisonburg:
Movies and Theater:
- Find out what is playing at Court Square Theater.
- Find out what movies (and concerts!) are playing June through August for Fridays on the Square.
- Parks and Recreation Cabin Fever Movie Nights in the winter.
- Parks and Recreation Movies Under the Stars in the summer.
- Find out what is playing at Regal Cinemas 14.
Use the [76KB] Downtown Treasure Hunt to get familiar with downtown Harrisonburg.
Employment/Internships for High School and After High School:
- Start your job search and research careers with job seeker services from the Virginia Employment Commission.
- Check out current job openings with the City.
Colleges, Universities, Higher Education, and Technical Training:
- If you want to stay local, check out the area schools list for colleges and higher education in the area.
- Or explore Virginia colleges using lists provided by the State Council of Higher Education for Virginia.
- The College Board is the place to register for the SAT's, and learn more about college and the application process.
Serving in the Armed Forces:
Use the links to find out more about each branch.