Blacks Run CleanUp Day
18th Annual Blacks Run CleanUp Day!
CleanUp Day is Saturday, April 11, 2015!
Thank you to everyone who came out to the 18th Annual Blacks Run CleanUp Day on Saturday, April 11, 2015! Together, 450 of us collected 4.1 tons of trash from our streams and streets!
- Liability Release Form: All group members must sign the LIABILITY RELEASE FORM [22KB] prior to participating in cleanup activities; please have all members sign the form and submit it when you sign-in (we will have extra forms on hand). If your group is able to sign an scan prior to the event - that's great! Please email the signed release form to Kelley Junco, Stormwater Program Coordinator, Kelley.Junco@harrisonburgva.gov
- What to Bring
- Kick-Off Location: Ralph Sampson Park, 431 E. Washington St.
- Questions? Contact Trey Jarrels, Stream Health Coordinator, at William.Jarrels@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-820-0089.
Event Schedule - (Saturday, April 11, 2015)
- Sign-in: 9:00am-9:30am
- The Green Scene (exhibits for all!): 9:00am-12:00 noon
- Kick Off and Special Guest Speaker: 9:30am
- Clean Up Designated Section of Street/Stream: 9:30am-11:30am
- Lunch (for volunteers only): 11:30am-12 noon
If you just want to stop by and can't volunteer to clean up, feel free to! Bring a lunch and blanket, and enjoy the GreenScene with us!
2015 Green Scene: Educational/Informational Exhibits and Activities for all!
(Takes place at Ralph Sampson Park, where volunteers register)
- American Chestnut Foundation - Virginia Chapter
- Climate Action Alliance of the Valley
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Pure Water Forum
- Stormwater Advisory Committee (Harrisonburg Stormwater Utility Fee)
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Virginia Department of Forestry
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Trout Unlimited - Massanutten Chapter
- Wild Virginia
- The Natural Garden
- Virginia Master Naturalist - Headwaters Chapter
Interested in displaying at the Green Scene? Contact Trey Jarrels, Stream Health Coordinator, at William.Jarrels@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-820-0089.
Event Sponsors - interested in being a sponsor? Contact Trey Jarrels, Stream Health Coordinator, at William.Jarrels@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-820-0089.
- Mr. J's Bagels and Deli
- Three Notch'd Brewing Company Harrisonburg Taproom
Blacks Run Clean Up Day is Virginia Green Certified!
General or registration questions? Contact Kelley Junco, Stormwater Program Coordinator, at Kelley.Junco@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-434-5928.