Blacks Run CleanUp Day
17th Annual Blacks Run CleanUp Day and Arbor Day!
CleanUp Day is Saturday, April 12, 2014!
Thank you to everyone who came out to the 17th Annual Blacks Run CleanUp and Arbor Day on Saturday, April 12, 2014! Together, 400 of us collected 4,460 pounds of trash from our streams and streets!
- What to Bring.
- *Notice of Location Change: This year's event will be hosted at Ralph Sampson Park.
- Parking will be available at Lucy Simms Education Center, 620 Simms Avenue, Harrisonburg. Driving Directions.
- Questions? Contact Chris Mueller at 540-434-5928 or email Chris.Mueller@harrisonburgva.gov.
- Sign-in: 9:00am-10:00am
- The Green Scene (exhibits for all!): 9:00am-12:00noon
- Kick Off and Special Guest Speaker: 9:30am
- Clean Up: 9:30am-11:30am
- Lunch (for volunteers only): 11:30am-12noon
- Arbor Day Celebration: 11:45am
If you just want to stop by and can't volunteer to clean up, feel free to stop by Ralph Sampson Park, bring a lunch and blanket, and enjoy the festivities with us!
2014 Green Scene: Exhibits and Activities for all!
- Climate Action Alliance of the Valley
- DEQ - touch tank
- Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition - promoting bike month
- Wild Virginia
- The Natural Garden, Inc.
- Virginia Master Naturalist - Headwaters Chapter
- Harrisonburg Tree Stewards
- Valley Conservation Council
- Ten Thousand Villages - fair trade education
- Harrisonburg-Rockingham Regional Sewer Authority (HRRSA)
- Shenandoah Group of the Sierra Club
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
Interested in displaying at the Green Scene? Contact Thanh.Dang@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-434-5928.
Event Sponsors - interested in being a sponsor? Contact Thanh Dang at Thanh.Dang@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-434-5928.
Blacks Run Clean Up Day is Virginia Green Certified!
General or volunteer questions? Contact Chris Mueller at 540-434-5928 or email Chris.Mueller@harrisonburgva.gov.