Blacks Run CleanUp Day
18th Annual Blacks Run CleanUp Day!
CleanUp Day is Saturday, April 11, 2015!
Please consider pre-registering your group to help event organizers plan lunch for volunteers. Pre-registration is also helpful if you have a group with young children since sites for young children are limited. Stream locations are also limited.
Pre-registration closes Thursday, April 9 at 12:00pm.
- Liability Release Form: All group members must sign the LIABILITY RELEASE FORM [22KB] prior to participating in cleanup activities; please have all members sign the form and submit it when you sign-in (we will have extra forms on hand). If your group is able to sign an scan prior to the event - that's great! Please email the signed release form to Kelley Junco, Stormwater Program Coordinator, Kelley.Junco@harrisonburgva.gov
- What to Bring
- Kick-Off Location: Ralph Sampson Park, 431 E. Washington St.
- Questions? Contact Trey Jarrels, Stream Health Coordinator, at William.Jarrels@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-820-0089.
Event Schedule - (Saturday, April 11, 2015)
- Sign-in: 9:00am-9:30am
- The Green Scene (exhibits for all!): 9:00am-12:00 noon
- Kick Off and Special Guest Speaker: 9:30am
- Clean Up Designated Section of Street/Stream: 9:30am-11:30am
- Lunch (for volunteers only): 11:30am-12 noon
If you just want to stop by and can't volunteer to clean up, feel free to! Bring a lunch and blanket, and enjoy the GreenScene with us!
2015 Green Scene: Educational/Informational Exhibits and Activities for all!
(Takes place at Ralph Sampson Park, where volunteers register)
- American Chestnut Foundation - Virginia Chapter
- Potomac Appalachian Trail Club
- Pure Water Forum
- Stormwater Advisory Committee (Harrisonburg Stormwater Utility Fee)
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Virginia Department of Forestry
- Department of Environmental Quality
- Trout Unlimited - Massanutten Chapter
- Wild Virginia
- The Natural Garden
- Virginia Master Naturalist - Headwaters Chapter
Interested in displaying at the Green Scene? Contact Trey Jarrels, Stream Health Coordinator, at William.Jarrels@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-820-0089.
Event Sponsors - interested in being a sponsor? Contact Trey Jarrels, Stream Health Coordinator, at William.Jarrels@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-820-0089.
- Mr. J's Bagels and Deli
- Three Notch'd Brewing Company Harrisonburg Taproom
Blacks Run Clean Up Day is Virginia Green Certified!
General or registration questions? Contact Kelley Junco, Stormwater Program Coordinator, at Kelley.Junco@harrisonburgva.gov or 540-434-5928.