The City of Harrisonburg does not determine, enforce or coordinate a Trick-or-Treat time. If you have questions about when people will be trick-or-treating in your neighborhood, please talk to your neighbors.
Please call the City Manager's Office at 540-432-7701 with further questions.
Organized Halloween Events:
Skeleton Festival - Saturday, October 21
If you are looking for something more formal and organized, Harrisonburg Downtown Renaissance will hold the Skeleton Festival on Saturday, October 21 from 2:00pm - 9:00pm. More information.
Also check out Tourism's calendar for more fall and Halloween events!
Always keep in mind a few safety tips when trick‐or‐treating this Halloween:
- Plan your route ahead of time - Trick-or-Treat in familiar neighborhoods.
- Make certain costumes do not inhibit vision and will not cause tripping or falling.
- Teach children to never enter a person's home or vehicle.
- Pick a place to meet in case you get separated and write down emergency contacts.
- Trick‐or‐treat earlier in the evening to finish before it gets too dark.
- All Halloween Trick or Treaters should have a flashlight or a device that helps motorists be able to see you while walking through neighborhoods on dark roads.
- Children should never trick‐or‐treat alone and always be accompanied by an adult.
- Only approach homes that are familiar and well‐lit both inside and out.
- Walk with your head up and be aware of your surroundings.
- Stay on the sidewalks and out of the streets. Cross only at intersections and designated crosswalks.
- Respect other people and their property.
- Motorists should be alert and watch out for pedestrians near the roadway.
- Report any suspicious individual or criminal activity to an adult or the police.
- Adults should examine children's candy before they consume it.
The City of Harrisonburg wishes the community a safe and spooky Halloween!