Welcome to CleanStream.org
CleanStream.org is your source for information on how you can help local waterways in Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley.
Things we do every day at home or at our place of business can threaten our area rivers, lakes, and streams. Many local waterways are in violation of state water quality standards and there are a lot of easy things we can all do to help. This website will help you get started learning about what you can do to help protect your watershed. It also contains information from municipalities in the Shenandoah River watershed that includes their subwatershed information. Know your watershed!
Use this website to:
- Find information about upcoming events like:
- Rain Barrel Workshop - April 19, 2017
- 21st Annual Blacks Run and Downtown Clean Up Day event:
- The 21st Annual Blacks Run and Downtown Clean Up Day is on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
- Explore passed projects/events to learn about what has been done to improve stream health in Harrisonburg and the Shenandoah Valley.
- Find water pollution contact information for multiple municipalities in the Shenandoah Valley to report local pollution concerns.
- Explore the state of waterways in the Shenandoah River watershed.