City of Harrisonburg offices will be closed Monday, January 2, 2017 in observance of New Year's Day. City offices will reopen Tuesday, January 3 at 8:00am.
Refuse for Monday, January 2 will be collected on Tuesday, January 3.
Communities and businesses that receive private refuse collection, please hold your recycling until the next scheduled collection date.
Bus service: There will be no bus service on New Year's Day.
Have a safe and happy New Year!
Drivers are encouraged to plan ahead for an alternative travel route to avoid street closures during these times.
4:00pm – 7:00pm
- Chesapeake Avenue will be closed from West Bruce Street to West Grace Street.
- A section of Grace Street will be closed between High Street and Main Street.
4:30pm – 12:30am
- Both lanes of Main Street will be closed to through traffic from Martin Luther King Way to Elizabeth Street. Residential traffic will be allowed on Main Street between Grattan Street and Campbell Street only.
- Court Square will be closed.
- Chesapeake Avenue and Grace Street will reopen at 7:00pm.
- Main Street and Court Square will reopen at 12:30am.
- Free parking is located throughout downtown and labeled with blue and gold signs. Please check the road closures that will prohibit street and lot parking at those locations.
- Water Street and Elizabeth Street parking decks will remain open and accessible.
- The Municipal Parking Lot will remain open and accessible.