Public Works

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

How Can I Get a Recycling Bin?

The Public Works Department curbside recycling program has been discontinued.  This change in process is due to significant changes in the type of items now accepted for recycling.  All recycling for the City of Harrisonburg is now collected at either the Recycling Convenience Center on Beery Rd or at the Mobile Recycling Unit.  

Please call the Public Works Department at 540-434-5928 if you would like any additional information.

Traffic Signals and Signs

The Public Works Department's Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of street signs throughout the City and for the maintenance, timing, and operation of 85 signalized intersections within the City of Harrisonburg.

Traffic Signal Service Request

Report issues with traffic signals in Harrisonburg through the city website.


Central Stores

Central Stores is the City of Harrisonburg's central warehouse facility, handling a large inventory of janitorial, safety, utility and maintenance items.