Public Works

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

Who Do I Call If There is a Dead Animal in the Road?

If the dead animal is on private property, it is the landowner's responsibility to dispose of the animal properly.

If the dead animal is on public property and is domesticated (cat, dog or other pet), call the Animal Control Office: 540-437-2671.  

If the dead animal is on public property and a non-domesticated (wild) animal, call the Public Works Department Office: 540-434-5928.


Leaf Collection

The City offers an annual leaf collection program for the disposal of leaves. In addition to leaf collection services, the City also recommends alternative options for leaf maintenance.


The Adopt-A-Street program originated in the Virginia Department of Transportation in cooperation with the Virginia Division of Litter Control and Recycling and Keep Virginia Beautiful Inc. to help alleviate increasing litter problems.