Harrisonburg Tourism and Visitor Services (HTVS)
The mission of HTVS is to position Harrisonburg as a premier travel destination by promoting and developing creative tourism marketing initiatives that stimulate economic growth in the City. HTVS partners with local businesses, media, travel writers, group tour operators, meeting and event planners, film scouts, and regional and state tourism partners to increase tourism in our region.
The Hardesty-Higgins Visitor Center, operated by HTVS, hosts the Valley Turnpike Museum, Rocktown Gift Shoppe, and the Harrisonburg Rockingham Civil War Orientation Center, located within the beautifully restored structure on South Main Street. The center is the gateway into downtown providing visitors lodging, dining, outdoor recreation, festivals, attractions, and all the amenities Harrisonburg has to offer. Staff are available Monday-Sunday 9:00am-5:00pm.
Specific goals include:
- To build a distinct presence in the tourism marketplace by establishing a recognizable and easily marketable "brand” for Harrisonburg.
- To continually develop new tourism products to promote the City of Harrisonburg.
- To increase awareness of tourism marketing opportunities to our local businesses.
- To enhance the visitors experience through continued research of our rich history and heritage.
- To market and develop sports, history, culinary, agricultural and educational group travel opportunities.
212 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tourism Manager - Brenda Black, 540-432-8940, Brenda.Black@harrisonburgva.gov