The mission of the Harrisonburg Fire Department is to enhance the quality of life for the community by protecting their health, safety and welfare through fire suppression, emergency medical services, prevention and public education.
- Integrity – consistency of actions and values; doing what is right
- Professionalism – skill, judgment and behavior that is expected of those that are highly trained
- Safety – ensuring the health and well being of employees and customers alike
- Teamwork – the actions of a group to achieve a common purpose
- Excellence – the state of superior service
To be committed to providing a professional level of emergency service that continually enhances the quality of life, health, safety, and welfare of the community we serve.
Camp L.I.T. 2019 - Have you ever wonderered what it would be like to be in the fire service? The Harrisonburg Fire Department and Rockingham County Fire Rescue are hosting Camp L.I.T., which stands for leadership, integrity, and trailblazer and is designed for females ages 13 to 16 years old to learn what it takes to serve their community in a rewarding career as a firefighter. Camp L.I.T. is free to all participants and goes from July 15-July 19th. Applications are due June 14, 2019.