The mission of the Harrisonburg Fire Department is to enhance the quality of life for the community by protecting their health, safety and welfare through fire suppression, emergency medical services, prevention and public education.
- Integrity – consistency of actions and values; doing what is right
- Professionalism – skill, judgment and behavior that is expected of those that are highly trained
- Safety – ensuring the health and well being of employees and customers alike
- Teamwork – the actions of a group to achieve a common purpose
- Excellence – the state of superior service
To be committed to providing a professional level of emergency service that continually enhances the quality of life, health, safety, and welfare of the community we serve.
Now accepting applications for Camp L.I.T., a girl's fire rescue camp in conjunction with Rockingham County Fire and Rescue.
You can either submit the application online or print it out and send it in.
[444KB] Camp L.I.T Application
Applications will be accepted until June 22, 2018.
Harrisonburg Fire Department
101 N Main St, 3rd Floor
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm (except holidays)
Ian Bennett, Fire Chief