The mission of the Harrisonburg Fire Department is to enhance the quality of life for the community by protecting their health, safety and welfare through fire suppression, emergency medical services, prevention and public education.
- Integrity – consistency of actions and values; doing what is right
- Professionalism – skill, judgment and behavior that is expected of those that are highly trained
- Safety – ensuring the health and well being of employees and customers alike
- Teamwork – the actions of a group to achieve a common purpose
- Excellence – the state of superior service
To be committed to providing a professional level of emergency service that continually enhances the quality of life, health, safety, and welfare of the community we serve.
- HFD is now accepting applications for their Community Fire Academy! Applications are open until April 10, 2020.
- The Harrisonburg Fire Department (HFD) and Rockingham County Fire Rescue (RCFR) are excited to announce their annual girl’s summer camp, Camp L.I.T. 2020. Applications are open until June 12, 2020 at 5:00pm.
- The City of Harrisonburg Fire Department is proud to announce that our customer service survey has been updated to an electronic form! Tell us how we're doing.