The November General Election Day occurs on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
The November General and Special Election is Tuesday, November 8, 2022.
The polls on election day will be open from 6:00am – 7:00pm.
Polling Place: Where do I vote?
Whats on the Ballot:
- U.S. House of Representatives 6th District
- Two Harrisonburg City Council seats
- One Unexpired Harrisonburg City Council seat
- Three Harrisonburg School Board seats
Sample Ballot: [138KB] November 8th Sample Ballot
Curbside Voting is available at all voting precincts on Election Day.
The Voter Registration Deadline for the November General and Special Election: Monday, October 17, 2022.
- At Registrar's Office - 5:00pm *Check operating hours for DMV or other state designated voter registration agencies authorized to receive voter registration applications.
- By mail - Postmarked by October 17, 2022.
- Online Registration via Virginia Department of Elections website - 11:59pm *Applications that are required to be printed and delivered to the registrar should be treated as regular mailed in applications (postmarked by October 17, 2022). The October 17th, 5:00pm deadline would apply if they are submitted in-person at the Registrar's Office.
In Person Absentee Voting Starts (Early Voting): Friday, September 23, 2022
In Person Absentee Voting: September 23rd – October 29th: Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm and on Saturday, October 29th 8:30am-4:30pm/ November 5th 8:30am-5pm (Harrisonburg City Hall Atrium)
The last day to vote in person Absentee (Early Voting): Saturday, November 5, 2022
Requested absentee ballots for the November 8th General and Special Election will start to go out by September 22nd
The last day to request a ballot by mail is Friday, October 28th, 2022 at 5:00pm.
The last day for absentee ballots to be returned by mail for the November General and Special Election: Postmarked by November 8th, 2022
*The Ballot can also be returned in person at the Registrar's office but only by the voter, or to your polling location on Election Day.
**Ballots must be returned to the locality from which they were mailed out.