The November General Election Day occurs on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November.
The November General Election is Tuesday, November 2nd, 2021.
The polls on election day will be open from 6:00am – 7:00pm.
Polling Place: Where do I vote?
Sample Ballot [87KB]
Curbside Voting is available at all voting precincts on Election Day
The Voter Registration Deadline for the November General Election: Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
- At Registrar's Office - 5:00pm *Check operating hours for DMV or other state designated voter registration agencies authorized to receive voter registration applications.
- By mail - Postmarked by October 12, 2021.
- Online Registration via Virginia Department of Elections website - 11:59pm *Applications that are required to be printed and delivered to the registrar should be treated as regular mailed in applications (postmarked by October 12, 2021). The October 12th, 5:00pm deadline would apply if they are submitted in-person at the Registrar's Office.
In Person Absentee Voting Starts (Early Voting): Friday, September 17, 2021
In Person Absentee Voting: September 17th – October 30th: Monday through Friday and on Saturday, October 23rd / October 30th, from 8:30am to 4:30pm
The last day to vote in person Absentee (Early Voting): Saturday, October 30th, 2021
Requested absentee ballots for the November 2nd General Election will start to go out by September 16th
The last day to request a ballot by mail is Friday, October 22nd, 2021 at 5:00pm.
The last day for absentee ballots to be returned by mail for the November General Election: Postmarked by November 2nd, 2021
Ballot drop off locations for mailed absentee ballots will be available on the dates, hours and locations listed below:
- September 17th through October 30th Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm, and Saturday, October 23rd, and Saturday, October 30th, from 8:30am-4:30pm, in the Voter Registration Office at City Hall 409 South Main Street, Harrisonburg.
- Monday, October 25th, and Tuesday, October 26th from 8:30am until 6:00pm at the Lucy F. Simms Continuing Education Center 620 Simms Ave, Harrisonburg.
- Wednesday, October 27th and Thursday, October 28th from 8:30am until 6:00pm at the East Campus Dining Hall on JMU campus 1681 Carrier Dr, Harrisonburg.
- Friday, October 29th 8:30am until 6:00pm at Park Gables Visitor Center at Virginia Mennonite Retirement Community, 1491 Virginia Ave, Harrisonburg.
*The Ballot can also be returned in person at the Registrar's office but only by the voter, or to your polling location on Election Day by anyone.
**Ballots must be returned to the locality from which they were mailed out.