Fire Chief’s Preliminary Fire Review
Prior to submitting a site plan for Comprehensive Site Plan Review, a pre-submission review of the plans by the Fire Chief is required. Approval by the Fire Chief is prerequisite to final plan submission. The purpose of this review is to allow the general fire protection scheme to be reviewed before the review of the final plans. Please submit the following to the Department of Community Development:
Preliminary plans in electronic format (PDF), sufficient in detail to show the general layout of proposed facilities including buildings, parking areas, entrances, travelways and the water system, particularly the location of existing and proposed fire hydrants. Please include:
- Number of stories
- Square footage per floor
- Construction type VCC
- Building height and highest point
- See Application [13MB] for additional requirements
Submit the documents to email@example.com.
If the documents are too large to submit via email:
- Notify Community Development of the intent to submit plans for Fire Chief’s Preliminary Review by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Development staff will create a unique folder in MS Teams for the proposed submittal and respond with the link.
- Upload all submittal documents to the assigned Teams folder.
Fire flow information:
- NFF Worksheet (less than 2500 GPM) [31MB]
- NFF Worksheet (more than 2500 GPM) [27MB]
- ISO Fireflow calculations [458MB]
Fire Chief’s pre-submission application/checklist [13MB]
If the project includes storage facilities, please include the Storage Limitations form. [284MB]