Residential Credit Program

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

Residential properties are defined as any property on which a single-family, duplex, or townhome dwelling exists and is used for noncommercial purposes. Below are the Stormwater Utility Fee Credit Manual, credit application forms and appendix documents you will need to complete a Residential Credit Application (PDF image All files are in PDF format).


Step 1: Review the Stormwater Utility Fee Credit Manual For Residential [4MB] to determine which Best Management Practices (BMPs) you may already have in place on your property that will qualify for a credit and/or how to assess other available crediting options.

Step 1 (a): Ensure that the impervious area assessment is accurate for your property. Use the Stormwater Utility Mapping Tool to view your property assessment. If you have an issue with the assessment, fill out the Stormwater Utility Fee Petition for Adjustment Form (Appendix F) [520KB].


Step 2:  NEW APPLICATIONS: Complete SW Utility Credit Application for Residential (Appendix A) [1.65MB]. Follow the application checklists throughout to determine what additional documentation is needed to complete the application package and remember to take photos of your BMPs, if required.   You can also complete your application online.  Step 2 (a): Fill out the Homeowner Nutrient and Lawncare Agreement (Appendix D) [1.3MB] if applicable.  


Step 3: Complete the Stormwater Utility Maintenance Agreement (Appendix C) [162KB] as outlined in the credit application. Submit a complete application package to Public Works by July 1. Note that applications submitted after July 1 will be entered for the next billing year and cannot be implemented for the current billing year. Remember that credits are valid for five years if all homeowner BMPs are properly maintained.

Residential Application Checklist

Step 4: RENEW APPLICATION: Re-apply for credit after 5 years of receiving your approval letter with the Stormwater Utility Fee Credit Re-Application (Appendix E) [250KB].  You can also complete your re-application online.


Reference Documents: Still confused? See if the following document can help guide you through the process. If not, call Public Works at 540-434-5928 or