The following projects have stormwater components, but may also serve transportation and other needs. These projects may be in different stages of development such as planning, design, right-of-way, and construction, and are subject to budget appropriations. The scheduled completion dates are tentative.
Unless otherwise noted, questions can be directed to Public Works staff at 540-434-5928 or email@example.com.
- Protecting and Restoring Urban Tree Canopy for Stormwater Management Grant - A technical assistance grant to incorporate trees as stormwater management. Learn More.
Completed Projects Highlights
- Mountain View Drive Stream Assessment - This assessment analyzed existing stream conditions and identified possible measures to stabilize or restore the stream channel.
- Stormwater Improvement Plan - This project identifies, selects, and prioritizes capital projects and programs to reduce water pollution and manage stormwater. Plan development began in Fall 2015 and the plan was adopted by City Council in December 2018. Learn More.
- Stormwater Retrofit Opportunities on Public Land in Harrisonburg - This study prepared by the Center for Watershed Protection in September 2013. Inventory of stormwater retrofit opportunities was conducted to help Harrisonburg determine the level to which stormwater retrofits on public properties can reduce urban nutrients and sediment. This study has been used to help Harrisonburg initiate the East Market Street Stormwater Regenerative Conveyance project and will inform the Stormwater Improvement and Polluted Runoff Reduction Plan (listed above).
- For additional projects, visit cleanstream.org.