Last Updated: May 31, 2013
Current Career Opportunities with the City
Sign Up for Employment Opportunity Notifications
All candidates for the position of Police Officer with the City of Harrisonburg must first contact the Human Resources Department and submit:
- A Completed Application
- Personal History Statement
- Authorization for Release of Information Form
- All required supporting data to the City of Harrisonburg Human Resource Department
The City of Harrisonburg may test as needed for the position of police officer.
The testing will be open to applicants who have submitted the above information and will include the steps listed below.
- Educational Proficiency Test
- Physical Fitness and Weapons Agility Test
- Panel Interview
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Testing
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- Physical Examination and Drug Screening
Applicants must pass each step in order to move on to the next step. Failure to pass any step automatically disqualifies the applicant from further consideration.