How Do I?

  • Increase
  • Normal
  • Decrease

Current Size: 80%

How Do I Apply for Water Service?

You may submit an application for water and sewer service in person or by mail.

If you decide to come in person, the Public Utilities Department is located at 2155 Beery Road, Harrisonburg, VA 22801. 

You may complete the application first online but will also need picture identification, a copy of the front and back signature page of your lease, and a letter of credit or pay the corresponding security deposit. James Madison University students may use the Utility Deposit Application Program (UDAP) contract in lieu of paying the security deposit.