Last Updated: June 18, 2020
News articles and news releases from the Harrisonburg Fire Department:
- HFD Deputy Chief Matthew Tobia selected as new City Fire Chief - Press release [357KB]
- HFD Community Fire Academy! *This event has been canceled.
- Due to the current and ever-changing coronavirus situation, the Harrisonburg Fire Department and Rockingham County Department of Fire & Rescue have made the difficult decision to cancel Camp L.I.T this year. This decision was not an easy one to make, but health and safety of both participants and facilitators is paramount. We look forward to seeing you in 2021!
- October 7-11 - Fire Prevention Week at the Valley Mall - 1925 East Market St. Interactive safety displays, give-a-ways, and lots of information on how to keep your family safe from fire. Group tours should contact the Fire Department at 540-432-7703. The display will be open during regular mall hours October 7-11.
- The City of Harrisonburg Fire Department is proud to announce that our customer service survey has been updated to an electronic form! Tell us how we're doing.
- July 10 - Free Pizza/Free Smoke Alarm Event - Wednesday, July 10, 2019! 4:00pm until 8:00pm.
- Camp L.I.T. 2019 - Have you ever wonderered what it would be like to be in the fire service? The Harrisonburg Fire Department and Rockingham County Fire Rescue are hosting Camp L.I.T., which stands for leadership, integrity, and trailblazer and is designed for females ages 13 to 16 years old to learn what it takes to serve their community in a rewarding career as a firefighter. Camp L.I.T. is free to all participants and goes from July 15-July 19th. Applications due June 14, 2019.
- HFD launches Move Over Campaign [170KB]
- HFD is now on Instagram!
- HFD announces their first ever Community Fire Academy! Tuesday night's May 7-June 18. Applications are due April 5.
- Camp L.I.T. Rekindle - Friday, June 28 - Sunday, June 30 - Much like Camp L.I.T., the weekend will consistent of many hands-on activities. We want to give the campers the feel of what it would be like as a firefighter and/or Emergency Medical Technician. All applications must be received no later than Friday, May 24, 2019.