Halloween is right around the corner and so is one of its main features: pumpkins! Join us in celebrating Halloween with your family at home by participating in Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation’s Jack-O-Lantern Contest! Not only will you have a blast participating, top entries will win a prize!
Get Creative! As long as you are using a pumpkin, you can create anything! Multiple pumpkin's allowed per entry.
- Email a photo of your Jack-O-Lantern Contest entry anytime before Friday, October 23, 2020 (extended!) Thursday, October 29, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to also send a photo of your family creating the Jack O Lantern Contest entry if you would like. Be sure to include the following in your email:
- Your Name
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email Address
- The Name of Your Jack O Lantern Contest Entry
- Your entry photo
- Permission for us to post your photo to our Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation Facebook and Instagram
Announcement of Jack O Lantern Contest Winners will be released on Halloween, Saturday, October 31, 2020!
Entry must be appropriate and inappropriate entries will be disqualified. This is a family fun community event!
Top Entries Will Win:
- Harrisonburg Parks and Recreation Swag Bag
- Choice of (All Valid through December 31, 2021):
- Day Pass to Recreation Fitness Room or Westover Pool Lap Swim
- Free Bucket of Heritage Oaks Golf Course Range Balls
- Free Round of Golf at Heritage Oaks Golf Course
- Free Shelter Rental
- Free Class Registration
- Free Facility Room Rental
Ideas for Materials you May Use:
- Pumpkin (any size)
- Paint, Carving Tools
- Accessories to Build Character (Pumpkin seeds, fabrics, Halloween crafting supplies, etc.)
- Metal or Plastic T-Post, Sticks, etc. for standing structure (if necessary)
- Waterproof Stuffing (trash bags, leaves, etc. if necessary)
- Jack-O-Lantern Costume/Clothing (if necessary)
You do not need to use a candle flame to illuminate your Jack O Lantern. You may decide to use battery/solar/electric powered lights, glow sticks, etc. Remember safety first.
Where can your entry be?
- On the porch
- In the garden
- In your apartment/house
- In your dorm
We look forward to seeing what you create!