HPD Recruitment Brochure [919KB]
All candidates for the position of Police Officer with the City of Harrisonburg must first successfully complete the Harrisonburg Police Officer Testing. The City of Harrisonburg may test as needed for the position of police officer.
In order to be considered for the position of Police Officer, applicants must submit the following to the Human Resources Department when a position is posted:
- A Completed Application to include Harrisonburg Police Officer Testing Certificate
- Authorization for Release of Information Form
Current vacancies will be open to applicants who have submitted the above information and will include the steps listed below.
- Personal History Statement
- Panel Interview
- Background Investigation
- Psychological Testing
- Interview with the Chief of Police
- Physical Examination and Drug Screening
Applicants must pass each step in order to move on to the next step. Failure to pass any step automatically disqualifies the applicant from further consideration.
HPD Personnel Development Unit: 540-437-2607