The Mt. Clinton Pike Road Improvement project will enhance vehicular, pedestrian, and bicyclist safety by constructing a new roundabout at the intersection of Mt. Clinton Pike, Park Road, and Chicago Avenue. The project also includes various road improvements between the new roundabout and the intersection of Mt. Clinton Pike and Virginia Avenue. As part of the project, a shared use path will be provided along Mt. Clinton Pike that will connect with the Northend Greenway.
[3MB] Mt. Clinton Pike Road Improvement Project Map - April 2015
Project information is available for review by downloading the files below, or by visiting Harrisonburg Public Works, 320 East Mosby Road, Harrisonburg, VA 22801.
- [3MB] Project Information Handout
- [5MB] Project Design Public Hearing Plan Sheets
- [2MB] Project Design Public Hearing Plan Cross Sections
- 2012 - Project receives VDOT Revenue Sharing Funds.
- October 2012 - Project is initiated as roundabout only project with McCormick Taylor, Inc. as engineering consultants
- 2014 - Project is expanded to include the roundabout, and road improvements between roundabout to Virginia Avenue
- May 13, 2015 - Design Public Hearing
- Summer 2015 - Review of Public Hearing Comments
- TBD (Additional Funding Needed) - Right of Way Acquisition, Utility Relocations, Advertise for Construction
Estimated Project Cost:
- Preliminary Engineering: $538,000
- Right of Way/ Utilities: $1,500,000
- Construction: $4,000,000
- Total: $6,070,000
Questions? Contact Mr. Tom Hartman, PE, Assistant Director of Public Works, at Tom.Hartman@HarrisonburgVA.gov or 540-434-5928.
- Chicago Avenue Corridor Study - completed in 2013, this study makes recommendations for traffic, engineering, and land use along Chicago Avenue, Mt. Clinton Pike, Park Road, and Parkwood Drive.
- Northend Greenway - planned shared use path project between Park View area and Downtown Harrisonburg.